Brimstone
Brimstone is, in my opinion, the worst song on the record. But it's also the most crucial. There would be no Spontaneous Human Combustion without Brimstone. Double Negative would not exist without it.
I could write an entire essay on why I do not like this song. I absolutely HATE the guitar riff. It pisses me off to no end. I don't know why, but it feels really cheesy and goofy to me. The whole song is goofy, and I understand that because I wrote it, but I wish I had done better with the original structure of the song. I spent hours trying to make a new Brimstone from scratch but it just could not work without that stupid guitar riff. I should give myself grace because that is the first song I made for the record and so yeah, it's going to suck, but I can't help but want it to be better.
The original Brimstone that I released is hopefully a lost piece of media by now. The remade version that will make it onto DN is pretty similar, because I have lost the will to try and make it better. Basically, the drums and bass is different and I spruced up the guitars to try and make it sound fuller. The biggest difference is the removal of the verse "You were never meant to be a predator/ you scope me out by my heat signature" I don't feel like explaining the significance of these lyrics and it doesn't really matter that much, but I actually really liked this part of the song. The arrangement was so complicated though in trying to layer the vocals perfectly and I simply don't care anymore. If I have to listen to myself singing Brimstone broken radio one more fucking time I will lose my shit. My favorite part of the song is, of course, the voice recordings.

Comments
Post a Comment