Dry February

    "Dry February" is a title my friend Kit came up with. I don't remember the context other than we both were like, wow, that would be a fire song title. It obviously is a play on Dry January, where people give up drinking for the entire month as a New Year's resolution. I kind of took it as an empty promise (I remembered something sad/ said you were gonna quit last month/ so we both know you're a liar) but not really about drinking. I guess it can be related to any kind of addiction, but specifically I was thinking of how abusive relationships are like addiction. This one hits multiple different subject matters and relationships that I have experienced and observed. I had written other lyrics for it that leaned more into the alcoholic tone but what I came up with feels more real.

    Is there any truth to spontaneity at all? 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts