Marriage
"Marriage" is the second single I released on DN. I really have no idea how this song came to me so quickly, but it did. I probably finished it in about a week and a half, which is extremely fast compared to, say, "9 Dogs," which I have been slaving away on since January. Parts of it are from lyrics I wrote in high school, another is from my freshman year of college. The "soft shore and a rocky beach" line is from a song I wrote when I was 14 that is absolutely awful. But isn't it cool that I was able to incorporate it into a real song that I actually like!
The whole premise is eating disorder. I don't need to get into the nitty gritty of that on here, but having an eating disorder is similar to being in an abusive relationship (vicious wife). And being married to Ana but Mia temps me, the whole thing, yadda yada. While the subject of the song is something very personal to me, obviously, it is also funny that it is about the personified mental illness that I wrote about in my journal several years ago that became an inside joke.

Comments
Post a Comment