Mr. T's Phone #
When my sister and I were Sheldons, we put on a variety show in our living room called [REDACTED]. In this groundbreaking performance art piece, we made up a song called Mr. Tomzack's Phone Number. Mr. Tomzack was our music teacher at our Catholic elementary school. I don't know why he constituted having his own song in our show, but there you go.
Several years after we stopped doing [REDACTED], my sister, my father and I were at the mall and we ran into Mr. Tomzack. He had stopped teaching at the school at that point. My father, who was forced to watch every "show" we put on, said something along the lines of,
"The girls really loved you as a teacher! They would sing that song you made up all the time! Mr. Tomzack's Phone Number, wasn't it?"
I could not explain to you the horror and embarrassment that befell my sister and I. Mr T. just looked perplexed.
"No, I don't think that's right. I never taught them a song called Mr. Tomzack's Phone Number. We would sing "Good Morning Mr. Tomzack." Maybe that's what you're thinking of?"
"No, I'm sure it was "Mr. Tomzack's Phone Number." Girls, that's what it was, right?"
We both just stared at our father like he was crazy. Mr T just gave an awkward goodbye and then left. So basically I made it into a real song for the completion of the bit.

Comments
Post a Comment