Sapphic Torture Labyrinth Tomorrow

     When I was a junior in high school I wrote the lyric "Oh, my little crow. You got too close to your little doe. And now you peck on what's not there." about my friend. The context is irrelevant here but it's funny as fuck. Once again, I thought to make it into a song as a bit, but this one became a song that is kind of good actually? My friend Eva helped write the lyrics and I do like how it turned out. This was the second song I made for the record and the first single I released. Sonically it was very different from Brimstone and I thought that maybe it wouldn't work on the full album but then I realized that none of the songs really fit that well together. I think it's also a bit of a break because the subject matter is not about anything related to the other subject matters in the album. You have to include an explicitly gay song on the record if you're gonna write a bunch of other songs about one stupid situation that isn't gay. 

Comments

Popular Posts